give me a break!!!!!

Gazinga

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I planted my surface crops a little early, i aknowledge that much, i planted a littel too early casue i got a littel earger this year and lost teh entire crop to a late snow! But then i waited until plenty of time later to replant. Now last night it dropped to 25 degrees and caught a frost! It wiped out half my tomaotes and a few pepper plants! I mean come on! its June in California! I feel like the weather is out to get me this year!

just venting.....

any ideas to help here?

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Gazinga said:
I planted my surface crops a little early, i aknowledge that much, i planted a littel too early casue i got a littel earger this year and lost teh entire crop to a late snow! But then i waited until plenty of time later to replant. Now last night it dropped to 25 degrees and caught a frost! It wiped out half my tomaotes and a few pepper plants! I mean come on! its June in California! I feel like the weather is out to get me this year!

just venting.....

any ideas to help here?
Sorry to hear about that. That does have to make you mad I imagine. So much for global warming.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am having a similar year... just without the frost doing the killing! :barnie

The weather has been whacky though... I can't believe here (in drought country) the rain is wiping things out!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
In my area we have just very narrowly missed two nights of frost but this often happens hereabouts.......!! I had all my floating fleece out round my warm-weather veggies & they are all fine. I am a great weather-watcher; I like to be prepared ahead of time -- no running out in pyjamas for me. As I had grown everything myself indoors I would have been devastated to loose them --as I'm sure you are. I'm SO SORRY!

:rose Hattie :rose

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We are having unusual weather here too. It was only 2-3 weeks ago that we still had a frost or two and then we just cooked at near 90 degrees for a few days. It is exasperating. I'm not sure what the plants are thinking about now. But 25 degrees in CA in June really is awful! I hope you don't give up! This may have been the last bump in the road for you this season.

m.rogers

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I do not no if it is true but a old farmer told me if you get out and water the plants before the sun hits them with frost on them you can save them.

mike

CityChook

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Snow and frost in June? Maybe you should move to MN. :)

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. Luckily, your season is long and you still have time to replant. Good luck!