gloves, old and new

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i am excited and wanted to share .. i am a person who cant pass up something free if i think i can use it, my husband knowing this will sometimes bring me home 'treasures' .. so i kept blowing through my garden gloves from home depot, at $10 a pair i was not impressed .. i found a pair in the garage and just started to use them, OH BOY they kept up with me .. they started to get holey, so i just switched hands and eventually broke em in, and then that side got holey .. my husband could not remember where or who they came from .. well there was the name 'rough rider' on the glove (be careful when googling this one!) .. i found some and got 3 pairs for $10 each .. they are so soft and a pretty color .. i love love love these gloves, i have no clue what the original use for them is, but they are grand for me in the garden/yard .. just wanted to share .. thanks!

6271_old_and_new_gloves.jpg

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Great deal they look like good gloves. Before you use them ( I ) would oil them up! Like glove oil, for baseball gloves, or mink oil.

That is just me, but I think they would hold up much longer and breakin much faster. When I was young I would oil my glove put a ball right in the sweet spot and wrap the glove to hold the shape of the ball.

And the careful with the search thing came up for me too.
I went looking for that "Grannies mason jar propagation"
That was not pretty!

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
Before you use them ( I ) would oil them up! Like glove oil, for baseball gloves, or mink oil.
good idea, i asked my husband if i could use 'campdry' and he thought the chemical might transfer to my plants .. but an oil .. we did the baseball glove treatment to our sons glove back in the day ..
thanks

Latest posts