Goats!!!!

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
The stinkin' goats got out of thier pen the other day while I was at work and ate EVERY leaf on my peppers, all the leaves off my baby raspberries, and took the tophat blueberry down to a 3 inch nubbin.... the blueberry is still sprouting new leaves and doesnt look any worse for the wear, he was only 6 inches tall anyways, but do my raspberries and peppers stand a chance or should I scrub them and start over!?! I want to eat VEGGIES not GOATS!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sparkles, I'm so sorry about your losses -- but it's what goats do....!! :he :barnie :smack

Like your blueberries the raspberries will, eventually, recover but I doubt that you will get a crop this year. :hit

I don't know about the peppers as this is the first year I have grown them but as they are so slow to start I think I would go & buy some well grown plants.

By the way you should get very strong raspberry canes next year as the eating of the canes will allow them to develop a really strong root system. Why don't you get hold of some Autumn fruiting Raspberry canes as there MIGHT just be time to get a small crop from them. So next year you would have two seasons to pick them.

:rose Hattie :rose