Goin' to the Dogs!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240330_112134_Chrome.jpg

And, Lucy did tell Snoopy to stay off the furniture.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Went to the CKC dog show yesterday and today; so many gorgoeous dogs! Many of the breeds I didn't know. I think these were Ibizan hounds, but I'm not sure. These are the most unusual dogs I've ever met, they're more like cats. As soon as the outer dog saw me she made a bee line for me, sniffed my pockets and proceeded to rub herself against my legs just like a cat. It was so wierd, and they seemed crazy super smart. More like jungle cats than dogs.
IMG_6777.JPG

Such a sweet little lady.
IMG_6584.JPG
IMG_6592.JPG

Size isn't apparent here, but his Newf was as big as a bear. The only dog bigger than him was a male Pyrenees who is possibly the biggest dog I've ever seen aside from the Wolfhounds.
IMG_6485.JPG

Puppy champ bloodhound, with some family members who have lots of titles.
IMG_6507.JPG

Gorgeous dobes, all so incredibly well behaved. I was surprised since they can be nervous.
IMG_6478.JPG

This lady drove here all the way from Wisconsin with her female Dane for the show, the Dane is pregnant for the 1st time. She's excited since she's 6 years old and it's her first litter. This lady was so friendly and nice to talk to. It's nice to see that dogs at shows are increasingly pets, and not just breeding specimens.
IMG_6474.JPG

Bulldog rears. lol
IMG_6574.JPG

Could not figure out what breed this was, but the haircut made them look a bit like aliens. I'm thinking poddle but maybe schnauzer. Everybody was remarking how she had ppom pom earrings.
IMG_6422.JPG

IMG_6603.JPG
This lady came all the way from Texas. I loved talking to her, she was so interesting. She's an earth angel too. She breeds Siberian Husky's! and a fellow breeder she knew recently passed away. Sadly, when the lady passed alone in her home she had 5 of her huskies kenneled and 1 free in the house, and because she wasn't found for 2 weeks 5 perished and only one 9 year old dog, the loose one, survived. Not many people want a 9 year old Husky, but someone in my area offfered to adopt her so this lady drove her all the way here to bring the dog. Incredible really. She also showed me a double tooth scar on her hand where she got bit by a copperhead!

Latest posts