going to Johnny's

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
DH suggested we take a field trip up to Johnny's select seed next week...he will be on vacation so instead of having to pay for shipping we are going up there and shop... :woot

we are 2 hours away from the store :coolsun

I can get him to buy more if he is in the store HEHEHE than if just looking at a catalog...HEHEHE :rose

Now as long as we dont get a major snow storm next week we will be all set... :woot :tools :tools :tools

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am very jealous!!! What a great trip that would be.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sorry I didnt get back to y'all I came down with a vicious stomach virus day after I got back...

Welll we had a nice trip up to Johnny's took about 2 hours... not much traffic after going through Portland... found Johnny's real easy...was little bit disapointed in the "store" it is actually a catalog order warehouse...they had very few items to look at but had a little corner of the shop for sales Items and had a couple of buckets of $1.00 mini seed packets...plus other seeds at $2.95..I did save on shipping costs even counting drive time and Maine taxes so that was a plus...I orders my potatoes and sweet potatoe slips to be shipped at the right time for my zone...got my heat mat...seeds, trellis netting and warming mulch on sale... Had a nice Lunch just down the road from them called the Purple Cow... nothing fancy but hearty food... Next time though I'll just order from the comfort of my home...If it was summer we could have gone to see the farm itself..