Gonna start one here, so this forum don't look empty

sgtsheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I love roses and unlike other flowers, I actually do well growing them. What is everybody's favorite color/name of rose?
I love Joseph's Coats and I plan to try to plant one this spring.

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love those, too. I'm going to plant them to go up my patio in the back if we ever get it put in!!!

I have some red climbers in the front growing up the pillars at our front door. I want to get some purple/blue clematis to intertwine with them.

I had a beautiful rose at our old house - it had huge red blooms and it was named something like "American Hero"?? I also liked my Tropicana - the blooms were a beautiful bright coral color. They really contrasted with the dark green bushes growing behind them.

Lori

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Don't have that much experience with roses but I do like the one I have who is called "Mr. Lincoln" When it is just blooming, it looks just like the red roses you get from the store, except in a day or so, they will bloom to the size of a small saucer, rather than bending at the neck and turning brown.

Txchikngardners

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well, I have pictures of ours :clap

This first one was marked 'pink beauty' and my son gave it to me on Mother's Day about 5 years ago - as you can see, it's not pink! I love it anyway - I think it is of the "Lincoln" type that Silkie was refering too - mine does the exact same thing - makes huge flowers which stay beautiful for days:
Lincoln.jpg

The other is a Joseph's coat given to me by my mom - she rooted it from a clipping off of her own plant about 3 years ago:

josephscoat.jpg

I cherish them both - not just for their beauty but because of the spirit in which they were given :love

Blisschick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I love Mr. Lincoln and any purple ones. I have Paradise, Angel Face, and one other deep burgundy purple I can't remember the name to. Queen Elizabeth does well for me, too.

Smitty's Farm

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I love roses! I used to grow them at our old house in St. Louis before we moved to Illinois. I've been looking for a spot to put them here, but we mainly have shade.

Blisschick: Thanks for starting a thread so it's not blank.

Lunachick

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I have a New Dawn "climbing" rose that did very well for 3 years. Some of it died off, and shot up another stem this year, but it doesn't look good. I think I don't feed it enough. Does anyone have one and know anything about this particular rose?

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I loved Queen Elizabeth and an apricot rose called "Just Joey". I can't get them to survive the winters in my raised bed in Zone 7. Thought I did everything right...

Latest posts