Good Car Battery For Cold Xmas surpise

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
This morning was 17 degrees my car would not start. I called Honda road side express, kid was here less then a hour. He jumped car it started right up. I need a car I can depend on so going to get a new battery. What should I look for car in 2014 Honda CRV 4 cyl winter can get arctic like car parked outside

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
How old is your battery? Original? Cheapest thing is to replace battery.

Go to Walmart, buy the coldest cranking power battery that will fit in your spot, buy it. They will put it in car for your free. Quick and somewhat painless.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Check out auto parts stores as well. Most will install free. You can go online, give them vehicle type, they will tell you what they have, prices, & if they will install.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
dont go cheap..<pay me now and you will pay me later>

get yourself a 7 year battery with the highest cca<cold cranking amps> that will fit your car, yes you will pay more but a well worth investment..

have only put napa batteries in the truck and they replace them at their store.. had to put new ones in 2 summers ago think i payed 158.00 oh times that by 2 316.00 plus tax...oh the joys of a diesel..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Agree. Batteries and tires, never go cheap unless you just don’t have the money and can’t get the money.

yup good tires are not cheap. amazing when you shop around for tires the price difference for the same brand..