Good Luck

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Luck.jpg

Where's the lucky penny?

Never mind about that - what is the little sprig of something? I've been trying to remember what other plant besides the 4-leaf clover is supposed to be lucky.

I sent this last night to DS. He had a coworker test positive, she is out sick, a supervisor had a fever (but is better), they closed the office, and DS is supposed to quarantine at home!

It seemed like something that I should have sent @Ridgerunner. Then I see @Dirtmechanic 's post, confusion, truck damage, and this morning's post that he has been bitten by a deer! (I'm trying to keep my spirits up. DS hasn't said that he has symptoms. I know that he is angry about the co-worker. He says that she is the one who is most verbally impatient with the office rule on masks and has said "it's either shoes or mask and I can't do both!" So, she often does neither.)

DS is 400 miles away. He has been in good health. Middle age, by any definition. @Zeedman may need good news and good luck for his DS ...

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 37329
Where's the lucky penny?

Never mind about that - what is the little sprig of something? I've been trying to remember what other plant besides the 4-leaf clover is supposed to be lucky.

I sent this last night to DS. He had a coworker test positive, she is out sick, a supervisor had a fever (but is better), they closed the office, and DS is supposed to quarantine at home!

It seemed like something that I should have sent @Ridgerunner. Then I see @Dirtmechanic 's post, confusion, truck damage, and this morning's post that he has been bitten by a deer! (I'm trying to keep my spirits up. DS hasn't said that he has symptoms. I know that he is angry about the co-worker. He says that she is the one who is most verbally impatient with the office rule on masks and has said "it's either shoes or mask and I can't do both!" So, she often does neither.)

DS is 400 miles away. He has been in good health. Middle age, by any definition. @Zeedman may need good news and good luck for his DS ...

Steve

mistle toe perhaps?

i hope that he's ok!

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
DS has had Covid for about a week now, but seems to have a handle on it, and is still at home. We were especially worried when we heard about his diagnosis, because he is diabetic & has had a hard time controlling his blood sugar. His GF caught it at the same time, and is holding her own as well. DS said their dog doesn't appear to be catching it; their dog is very playful & affectionate, so that helps them to stay positive. They live in the next county, DW & I brought them dinner last week, and will do so again today.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
DS has had Covid for about a week now, but seems to have a handle on it, and is still at home. We were especially worried when we heard about his diagnosis, because he is diabetic & has had a hard time controlling his blood sugar. His GF caught it at the same time, and is holding her own as well. DS said their dog doesn't appear to be catching it; their dog is very playful & affectionate, so that helps them to stay positive. They live in the next county, DW & I brought them dinner last week, and will do so again today.
Oh dear, Wishing them well and a full and speedy recovery. I see by the news WI has been hit hard with Covid cases lately. Take care.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DS reports that the co-worker is now seriously ill.

He was in on the phone call with her a week ago, yesterday.

He said that she sounded terrible then. Everyone worked from home Thursday and Friday. Health Department has stepped in. Everyone is waiting word on their tests and from co-worker's family.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DS says that his test was negative.

Quarantine is still required. I wonder if part of that is the deregulation of tests in August by the FDA.

Anyway, 🎶 You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
And latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between 🎶

Steve

Latest posts