Good or Bad ??

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
7434_sprout_and_cootie_6-23-2011_002.jpg

Saw this today on the Lovage plant. It looks like the little critter laid the eggs with what looks like some silk on them and died soon after. Never seen anything like it before, any clues?

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks! I saw something very similar in one of those pictures. When I am out and about outside I try to pay attention to what is flying/crawling around and have seen some wasp type insects. In the future if I come across something like this again I will let it stay and see what happens. Once again Thanks.:thumbsup

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
7434_babies_1st_meat_6-26-2011_002.jpg

Just found this today. The worm does not move when touched so I'm assuming that this is for whatever hatches from the eggs. Gonna keep my eye on this one. ;)

Dave2000

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
^ That looks like wasp or similar parasitic larvae that ate the worm inside out, then chewed out to pupate, spinning a cocoon around themselves.

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well since the last post I have found two more egg clusters one with a worm and one without. They have all disappeared and it looked like like something ate it along with most of the leaf that it was on. It sure is fun to see things like this happen, and one day I might get to see what was going to hatch. Being on the look out for insect activity takes away from the stress of watching plants grow LOL. :)

Latest posts