Goodwill Find Open My Eyes

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I found a old very heavy sprinkler at goodwill. I bought it because of its weight, the new plastic ones move around with water pressure. It was $1.99 I was on ebay and just entered vinage lawn sprinker 3 pages came up. I can't believe the prices, some where in the hundreds going to keep eyes open at yard sale from now on.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Really, who would have thought that would be a big item on ebay? :cool: You just never know. I can't believe the prices people will pay for those paper hornets nests. My grandpa has an eye for things like that and haunts yardsales and estate auctions for things to sell on ebay. Goodwill goes through so many items they often wouldn't know what was valuable or not. Nice find!

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It never hurts to keep an eye out. A few years back I picked up a coffee mug at a church rummage sale. It was near the end and the price was "fill a bag for $1". I figure with everything in the bag I may have paid nearly a nickel for the mug. It was a Snoopy themed mug and was in good shape. I thought I might get as much as $5 for it on ebay. Turns out it was quite rare and it ended up selling for $325! Who knew? Do I look for similar mugs at every thrift store and garage sale?? You bet! LOL