GOPHER -- Someone posted about a product?

Dilly Girl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I read somewhere on here or the chicken site a product that you sprinkle on the lawn and it doesn't kill but rids the area of gophers and moles.

ANYONE recall what that product is? I think it may of been something like UNCLE ?/

Thanks so very much.
Dilly

Dirtdoctor

Leafing Out
Reaction score
i hear that www.GOPHERBUSTER.org has soemthign that works.
but im sorrta partial to that gophers and ground squirrels......

JAck

the pepper isnt the best, it works to keep them from eating the grass....Gophs love the grass they come up and munch and collect the grass for a meal later on.

This Repellant is a drench you wash into the soil......changes the flavor of the soil and bugs so gohers, moles nad voles dont like it and they move to your neighbors unprotected yard.

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Cayenne pepper works the hotter the better, pour around the holes. My dogs do a job on moles they leave them at the back porch, my wife hates that.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The Townsend's mole is the only one which eats plant matter, I believe. Most moles are insectivores, and eat 1 1/2 times, or more, their weight in grubs, worms etc.

Gophers and voles are another story.

I welcome the moles in our garden. They might accidently bump a plant, but we've never had a problem with them. :)

scrapmom5

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I haven't had an issue with Gophers, moles, voles etc but had several neighbors swear this works. They leave the Bubalicious bubble gum around their yard and the critters eat it...and it is supposed to kill them. If your wanting to get rid of them it is worth a try. As for prevention, my MIL uses cayenne pepper.

Dilly Girl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I have found it and just need to pick some up this weekend. I will also start chewing lots of gum and dropping it into the holes. Why not, I am really tired of collasping tunnels and filling holes. They have really gotten out of hand this year.

I even stoned one to death the other day while watering some roses. Darn thing was killing the rose and I flooded the hole and out it dug. LOL So I killed it. But his hundred or so relatives are having the last laugh so far. Off to buy Ian's, Cayenne pepper and gum. They will never know what hit em. :lol:

Dilly Girl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Okay I started using the Uncle Ian's Gopher and mole replellent and it is WORKING. Tunnels are collasping and I am only getting a few new holes the past couple days. That is down from dozens prior.

What I have noticed is the lack of new mounds and holes, and that the yard is collasping. So this is all good. I am slowing leveling and filling in areas and hopefully the little turds will stay away.

I also purchased Critter Out and it came yesterday. Sprayed the barns, all of them this morning. So I may be mouse-gopher and mole free if all this works.

Just makes me feel so much better knowing I am doing something to pervent the invasion organicly.

Awww..Dirt!

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My husband swears that the blue wrigleys gum works.
Put it in the hole cover it back up. (An old-timer told him bout it.)

The minty smells attracts the gopher and the gums makes them bloat up. ?
Don't know if it really works, but this year there is a lot less gopher holes!
can't hurt to try. :smack

Latest posts