Got Lambsquarters? (Chenopodium album)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been searching for lambs quarters for a while now and would love to try it! I never see it when I'm out hiking/exploring. Ive heard it does grow here in the PNW.

a few days ago i was out puling it from a few gardens as it was starting to go to seed and i don't want it to take over. even after pulling it and leaving it on the ground it may still attempt to come back. it's a pretty persistent plant. :)

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
a few days ago i was out puling it from a few gardens as it was starting to go to seed and i don't want it to take over. even after pulling it and leaving it on the ground it may still attempt to come back. it's a pretty persistent plant. :)
Wow! I wish I had that problem! Lol! 😊

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! I wish I had that problem! Lol! 😊

it's very endemic here. i rarely let it go to seed in any garden but we get sprouts anyways. i'm not sure if the birds move the seeds around or not, but if they don't the seeds would then be pretty persistent in the soil seed bank.

i'd offer to send you some, but i think anyone in your area would gang up on me and send me hate mail, plus i'd have to actually find one i've missed somewhere and tell Mom to leave it alone long enough for me to get some seeds off it. :) i don't think i've left one alone in any of the gardens here...

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
it's very endemic here. i rarely let it go to seed in any garden but we get sprouts anyways. i'm not sure if the birds move the seeds around or not, but if they don't the seeds would then be pretty persistent in the soil seed bank.

i'd offer to send you some, but i think anyone in your area would gang up on me and send me hate mail, plus i'd have to actually find one i've missed somewhere and tell Mom to leave it alone long enough for me to get some seeds off it. :) i don't think i've left one alone in any of the gardens here...
You are very sweet! It will give me a challenge to keep searching for it! I suppose I could order some seeds online? Sounds very easy to grow! Lol! 😊

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been searching for lambs quarters for a while now and would love to try it! I never see it when I'm out hiking/exploring. Ive heard it does grow here in the PNW.
Check the edge of farm fields. Here Lambs Quarter and wild amaranth often grow together, and they are good cooked together. Just eat in limited quantities the first time, to see how your lower digestive system handles it. :rolleyes:

Lambs Quarter & Pigweed (wild amaranth) are both nutritious, but if allowed to seed in the garden EVEN ONCE, they can easily get out of control.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Check the edge of farm fields. Here Lambs Quarter and wild amaranth often grow together, and they are good cooked together. Just eat in limited quantities the first time, to see how your lower digestive system handles it. :rolleyes:

Lambs Quarter & Pigweed (wild amaranth) are both nutritious, but if allowed to seed in the garden EVEN ONCE, they can easily get out of control.
Thank you Zeedman! 😊 Checking edges of farm fields sounds like a good idea! I'll do that!

Latest posts