Got Tea?

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
How about some nice hot tea to warm up on this really chilly morning?
Me at Tea 03.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chilly it is. I was -9 here and only -8 in Antarctica!
Tea sounds great, I got some Green Raspberry tea for Christmas, time for a cup. And I must say, you look stunning this morning. :) :hugs

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ya know, this is a very timely post! I was just reading about how tea is the up-and-coming flavor for cookies, cakes, icing, fancy stuff like that!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Who was it on a PBS show the other day?

Using tea for smoking meat!

About a pound! I could never justify that! . . . I wonder what it would taste like . . .

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you do a google search for .

. . "tea smoked" and "simply ming"- you will have your choice of 4 dishes. They are chicken, salmon, trout and duck. Two containers holding tea in one and meat in the other. They both go on grill and grill is covered.

I may do something like this with fruit wood chips and the rhubarb for the barbeque sauce I would like to make.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
So another tangent of tea. Loose leaf or the buy in the bags?

I prefer loose leaf but even that has much more small crumbs in it. For fast tea, it's Lipton bags.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, if that was meant for me rather than the dainty lady at the top of this thread, Ming used loose leaf.

He added rice and sugar to the tea.

Rice to keep it from sticking, if I remember right. The sugar was supposed to melt . . . I didn't quite understand. I bet it's on YouTube.

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is a generations old recipe ! My mother always made a medicinal purposes tea drink for colds, sore throats, fever, etc. ... works great even for cold weather. Make a cup of very hot tea, dissolve a tablespoon full of honey, add a shot or two of vodka, or any other hard liquor. ENJOY !!!:celebrate

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OH! that reminds me of the drink Blueberry Tea we served at a restaurant I worked at. No blueberry in it, but that's exactly what it tasted like! Had to look up the recipe:

Orange Pekoe tea (we also used plain black teas, which was fine), put teabag in a brandy snifter, add hot water. A spoonful of honey, if you like.
A shot of Amaretto, and a shot of Grand Marnier. YUMMMMMM. (this was an AFTER work medicinal remedy, BTW ;) )