Grasshopper INVASION

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here are some organic ideas: www.ghorganics.com/page12.html

Maybe the neem oil would be worth trying just as a repellant.

I remember your pictures from last year, Ridgerunner! (By the way, how is the flood situation?) This company sells Nosema locustae bait at a little cheaper price: www.planetnatural.com/product/semaspore-grasshopper-control

I have bought from both of these outfits and was happy enuf with their service. However, I was NOT battling plagues of locust!

Steve
wishing you both, Good Luck!

edited to get the word "NOT" into that last sentence :rolleyes:. i guess i'm identifying too closely with your problems, here.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
You mean these green beans.
6180_blue_lake.jpg

Or this apple tree?
6180_apple_tree.jpg

Thanks that is a cheaper price, both in product and shipping. I quit looking too soon.

These really heavy rains and winds missed me. We did get three inches in about a 24 hour period a couple of weeks back, but believe it or not that was gentle enough I saw no bad flooding with most of it soaking in. After last year we really needed that.

Other areas around here have been hit hard and some people have died so I don't make light of it, but I personally have not been hit hard at all, wind or rain.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
sweetmissdaisy, I live a little bit north. haven't seen anything like that hoard you're having. yikes!

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken when grasshoppers get like that they become known as locusts. We had a locust swarm in Berthoud, CO back in '84 or '85 that devoured everything in sight. They even stripped and ate the paint off of houses. Those aren't grasshoppers - they're locusts, I guarantee you.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sweetmissdaisy, that is awful! :hugs Gheesh! Did they just show up suddenly? Go to a bird swap and buy all the chickens and guineas they have!

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
that's what I thought I would do if I get hit with locust like that. buy all the guineas, chickens, ducks I can find

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Nothing to add other than, Wow!! :th I hope that you are able to find a solution to get rid of them or at least keep them to a managable number. :fl

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
turkeys! that would be fun. I would love to have turkeys. sweetmissdaisy, please keep us posted on this. gosh

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is just horrendous! I have chickens, turkeys and guineas, but looking at that picture, they'd probably all go belly up from over eating! So sorry to see that, what a heartbreak!:hit

Latest posts