Great day everyone from a newbie :)

nelson castro

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Good day! I am Nelson Castro, 30 years of age and I am based in Victoria Australia and has a passion for home improvement, hobbies - gardening,home and garden,landscaping. I am a very glad to know that there's a forum which has the same interest as mine and that we can share our common passion based from our experiences and learn a lot of new things and learn new stuffs from anyone here. I want to gain more information on how can I improve my gardening. Hope to hear from you all soon. :D

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, Nelson. It will be interesting to hear how gardening in Australia differs from gardening in the US. What is growing in your garden now?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:welcome Hello Nelson, you will love it here. Everyone sis so helpful and friendly

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome Nelson.....this is a great group of people all willing to listen and help anyone that has a question.:)

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi nelson and welcome to the funny farm. Please do not hesitate to jump right in. Is the weather turning very warm these days in the land of Oz? Something that I have always wondered about Australia's weather is . . . do you guys have rainy areas on your continent? I know there are vast desert areas in the interior but what is the weather around the perimeter?

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome to our gardens. Our Winter is your Summer so you'll have to take that into account.

nelson castro

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello there so lucky, well I do have Perennials. Definitely Carol Dee and RustyDHart, everyone here is very much helpful and very friendly.

nelson castro

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi smiles well, the climate of Australia varies widely due to its large geographical size, but by far the largest part of Australia is desert or semi-arid. Only the south-east and south-west corners have a temperate climate and moderately fertile soil. The northern part of the country has a tropical climate, varied between tropical rainforests, grasslands, part desert. Thanks ninnymary, hoodat I'll take note of that one. Very much appreciate it baymule. :cool:

Latest posts