Great Visit From OaklandCityFarmer

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Was super fun for me and the family to have OaklandCityFarmer come over for a visit to see our puny garden and dumpy coop. :p

We had lots of fun talking and learning a bunch about companion gardening and talking chicken.

Looking forward to meeting a bunch more of our chicken and gardening friends online!

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I didn't even notice this post!

Thanks Rob!

It was really nice to stop by and visit. Your coop is a lot more efficient than the cardboard box our girls were in and if we ever get our coop built it will probably fall over the first big wind we have!

I'd say the garden is more of an idea or sign of the things to come. It will soon happen that you realize that you need more plants (not out of true necessity though) and you will find more and more ways to increase your growing area. It happens. Trust me. You start out with a front lawn then you end up buying 5 acres that you visit every other month.

Good luck with everything!

-Carlos

How are the peas, btw?

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
OaklandCityFarmer said:
I didn't even notice this post!
I thought you just didn't enjoy your visit and didn't want to talk about it. ;)

OaklandCityFarmer said:
How are the peas, btw?
The peas... yeah those were ripped out to make room for more onions! :D

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
OaklandCityFarmer was too busy giving the rest of us advice on almost every thread on this forum. He/she is very knowledgable and writes well. (I see future Mod!)

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Buff Shallots said:
OaklandCityFarmer was too busy giving the rest of us advice on almost every thread on this forum. He/she is very knowledgable and writes well. (I see future Mod!)
He's a SUPER nice guy and very smart. Oh, and much younger than you probably would ever guess.

BTW OCF, I'm still looking for a copy of your business plan, website, and links to your craigslist postings for your great idea!!! :D

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nifty said:
I thought you just didn't enjoy your visit and didn't want to talk about it. ;)
Oh, not the case at all. It was good to get a better idea of how our girls will look when they get bigger. And it's always fun finding people in our area with chickens and a garden. East Oakland isn't exactly chicken and garden friendly.

Nifty said:
The peas... yeah those were ripped out to make room for more onions! :D
Well just get ready for your fall planting. I'm thinking sometime around mid-October? The same time you're going to put garlic in the ground. :)

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Buff Shallots said:
Thanks Buff for the compliments. I just try to help out whenever I can. Speaking of those carrots ever come up? ;)

Nifty said:
He's a SUPER nice guy and very smart. Oh, and much younger than you probably would ever guess.

BTW OCF, I'm still looking for a copy of your business plan, website, and links to your craigslist postings for your great idea!!! :D
Thanks for the kind words and yes look forward to the business plan soon! I was think of getting things together for a fall launch! We'll see.

Latest posts