Green beans Blue Lake 274

hdan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Trying out some green beans in a container first to see how they grow. Some started out good some didn't, but slowly coming back looking better.
I think I know whats going on here.
I will hold off on my thoughts to see if someone else comes out with the same thoughts.
I will share my reply on my thoughts later after yours.

Attachments

• 20240613_112452.jpg
    20240613_112452.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 20240613_112528.jpg
    20240613_112528.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 56

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No, Haven't seen any flea beetles, or slugs near the beans.
It may not be slugs or beetles, but it's seldom you'll ever actually see slugs at work. They slide up the side of containers at night, feed, and crawl back down before dawn the next morning. When my beans have holes in the leaves it's always night slugs feeding, but we're in different areas, so you may have different kinds of pests. A beer trap will reveal their presence! lol

hdan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It may not be slugs or beetles, but it's seldom you'll ever actually see slugs at work. They slide up the side of containers at night, feed, and crawl back down before dawn the next morning. When my beans have holes in the leaves it's always night slugs feeding, but we're in different areas, so you may have different kinds of pests. A beer trap will reveal their presence! lol
🤔Yep, your absolutely right.
I will try that to see if they are around when I'm not.

hdan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
But, what if I didn't have slugs and putting the beer trap in the bag attracts the slugs to the bag.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
But, what if I didn't have slugs and putting the beer trap in the bag attracts the slugs to the bag.
Yes, that is always a problem with beer bait. It catches them, but it attracts them too. Diatomeceous earth is a really great method to defeat slugs, fairly cheap too. And it doesn't draw them.