Greenhouse or Coldframe, check this out...Update

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been looking for an auto vent for my greenhouse. Found a few on line for 50 to 100.00 bucks. I ended up finding them at Harbor Freight for 21.00!!!
They are not electric- they open when they heat up. They have a wax product in them. I am lucky I am able to keep an eye on my greenhouse and cold frames- but even so, if you forget to open once, you can have fried seedlings pretty quick!
Thought I would pass this on, since I know a few of us are using cold frames this year... Happy Gardening!

These things are awesome!!! They open at 68-70 and close around the same temp. They really work like magic. The first few days, we kept saying "hey, they are opening"! "Hey, they are closing!" I highly recommend these! And I got 20 percent off the second one I bought, with a coupon!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ask me in a couple of months! Dh is an engineer and gadget guy- he claims it will work...I'll keep you posted!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I hope this works out for ya... I've book marked the item on the website... just in case! ;)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Added an update in the original post- can't figure out the right way to edit! But, these things work great!

Latest posts