greenhouse questions

katz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am not new to gardening but I dont know a thing about greenhouses and I have one. I have a unheated greenhouse ,that I winter outside flowers like geraniums and also year long grow a lemon and sm. orange tree in as they are just too large to be moving around , these have survived without heat ,however I planted tomatoes and they were killed by the cold.

What else can I do with this greenhouse ? Heating it would cost to much $$$ in my zone area here .

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am no expert, in fact I had a green house and killed everything in it. I did however give the little frame to my neighbor last week. He did an interesting thing. He lined both sides with fresh not composted manure. His theory is that the manure will give off heat this winter and help the other things stay warm. Now I have no idea if this will work but it kinda makes sense. Maybe you coul give it a try.

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Maybe try some of the cool weather plants like broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, radishes and lettuce greens.

I have broccoli and cauliflower outside in the fall garden & it is doing very well.

Latest posts