Greenhouse Sale

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'll preface this by say I have no affiliation with Horrible Freight.

I received a sale flyer from Harbor Freight with their 10X12 alum. greenhouse on sale for $799, that is what I paid for mine in the fall of 2009. At that time they accepted a 20% off coupon and my before tax price was around $550.

I am very satisfied with this and have grown a ton of plants in it over the past year.

The ad I have is for in store purchase so I don't know if this is good for internet or phone.

I'll try an post a pic of mine, wish me luck!!!
Hopefully 2nd time is a charm.

THANX RICH

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I spent a lot of time lusting over those greenhouses! In the end snow load, and wind scared me off. Now I've got my bus stop/greenhouse project going. You can be sure that thing will not blow away!!! Would love to hear what you have grown in there...

mener6896

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
as much as I would've loved the big one, I bought the 6'x8' size for only $256 from Harbour Freight.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am going into year number four with mine, live in upstate New York, and have never had a problem with snow load or wind. Today, trees and power lines were falling on the street, and the fire department had the street blocked. My greenhouse, however, is just fine.;)

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
I spent a lot of time lusting over those greenhouses! In the end snow load, and wind scared me off. Now I've got my bus stop/greenhouse project going. You can be sure that thing will not blow away!!! Would love to hear what you have grown in there...
Not too long after I erected this I had some panels blow out. I ordered another pack of clips from HF, installed them, and no problems since.

Just about everything I grew in the garden I started in the greenhouse, even corn!!! By my estimate there were about 500 plants started. Lots of flowers also.

The one thing that comes to mind I didn't use it for was okra, as well as a lot of what was started in there was also direct seeded so they could be picked after the first planting pooped out.

I still have asparagus, onions (garlic, leeks, ect) out there along with strawberry plants, lemon tree and some decorative grasses.

This is a pic of some strawberry plants that were planted as bare root stock, last spring, I wish I had a pic of those pots now they cover both those pots and have produced over 100 more plants.

6194_dscf0680.jpg

Here are a few that I bought as young plants, with blooms, that started making berries before I got them in the garden.

6194_dscf0686.jpg

This pic is very early last spring with a few plants getting a good head start on the season.

6194_dscf0678.jpg

lesa, I would love to have your setup, I wouldn't do much to it except add a door and set it where I could use it. I'd make a pea gravel floor, some tables, put some shelves on the walls and use it.

THANX RICH

Latest posts