Greetings from Eastern Washington

beccaWA

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Here in Eastern Washington state. Trying to get more motivated to garden as I have an acre and several raised beds. I work all the time, though. Good thing is I work from home. I need inspiration and this site is great! I keep chickens and ducks also, so free composted chicken manure is a great fertilizer.

We have four seasons here on the East side; hot in summer, snow/cold in winter. (No it doesn't rain all the time on this side of the state!).

Looking forward to reading all the site.

Thanks!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Hi BeccaWA!

You will find neighboring gardeners here, too.

No, it doesn't rain all the time but we have to get through this unpleasantly cool and windy day! Some garden talk is wonderful and your contributions are welcome! What are you thinking of growing? Such a lovely, inspiring day, yesterday!

:) Steve

beccaWA

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes! Yes, it has been windy! Cooler is OK with me, I hate heat! LOL

I did buy the some seeds the other day so I'd better get with it. (We are Zone 5b/6a here I think.) Digits, you're at the ID/WA border? Me too.

I get wishful (for more energy) and probably am way to enthusiastic, but I did get quite a few seeds:
Tomato (probably too late for those!)
Onion sets
seed Potato
Greens (lettuce, etc.)
Carrot
Peppers (too late for them, too but I'll give it a whirl)
Butternut squash, I love it and so do my chickens
Green beans
Sunflower left over from last year.

I'd like to grow some things (maybe fodder) to feed my chickens but I'll try that this fall for winter greens.

Basically I got the stuff I like to eat. Nothing exotic.

I grew up on a wheat farm, so we'll see if any of that rubbed off in the gardening effort.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @beccaWA! So would you be in zone 5, maybe? Is it kind of arid there due to the Cascades? Or is that a myth someone told me...Welcome to this fun forum. I used to live in Seattle, but of course that is not East.

Latest posts