grilled carrots!

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I picked a couple carrots this afternoon to nibble on for a healthy snack, nothing like a garden snack. Well I only ate one and the other just sat on the table, I thought I was just going to throw it in the compost pile later and went on with my day. Well later I decided to throw some ribs on the grill for supper so I warmed the grill, brushed off the grates and put the ribs on. I turned and saw the carrot on the table and thought, I'm not gonna throw this in the compost pile I'm just gonna put it on the grill with the ribs for kicks. Well after a while I checked to see if the carrot was cooked thinking at least it didn't go to waste, much to my surprise, OMG, it was soooo good, sweet and full of flavor. I had my wife try it and she said, we gotta cook carrots that way more often!!! So now we have a new dish!!:) :weee :weee

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds delish! I still have a few of my carrots left from last year... I bought little organic ones at the store (my nephews are in town, and they look more "fun" than my garden carrots.) I tried one- and quickly remembered why I plant carrots!! They had no flavor at all! Not sure why I am still surprised how much better homegrown tastes, than store bought! Enjoy your carrots!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sounds yummy, Trunkman! We love grilled veggies, but I've never thought to put a carrot on the grill like that! May have to rethink our decision not to grow carrots this year. . . .

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
skeeter9 said:
Sounds yummy, Trunkman! We love grilled veggies, but I've never thought to put a carrot on the grill like that! May have to rethink our decision not to grow carrots this year. . . .
I never thought of it either, I just glanced at the uneaten carrot on the patio table and just threw it on the grill as kind of a joke and experiment, glad I did it...:)

Latest posts