Grow Bags

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh I was dying for those!!!! What store did you find them at?! I want some... and I don't want to pay parkseeds prices.

I ordered a set of 2 with a batch of 25 strawberries from parkseed to put these on my deck, but the strawberries were back ordered so I had to wait, and I couldn't so I cancelled my order.

You just fill them with potting soil first, and then add the plants. Its so simple I just HAD to try some. If you get them, and like them... let me know.... I may break down and order them. I was so upset canceling that order. :(

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you know what material they are made from and the rough dimensions? I could not tell from the photo. They don't look that hard to make. Use a thread that won't rot and securely sew on the handles.

My concern would be that it would dry out pretty quickly, especially in my summers, so a drip irrigation may be required. Maybe if you used an impervious material.

I won't use them as I have plenty of space. It would be nice to have someone's experience with them as I think they may be more gimmick than utilitarian, but maybe if you are tight on space. And some people like to try new things. My wife likes gimmicks.

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I bought 'grow bags' from Canada online one year, because they were so cool-I wanted to try them out.

The ones I bought look to be made from the same black plastic type stuff, that will break down. But mine were square like paper grocery sacks sort of and had no handles. Obviously for different purpose.

Well-I never actually found a use for them-sorry I bought them, except they were cheap, I remember, even with shipping.
Don't remember what I thought I'd use them for though.

ranchhand

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My mom found some at Big Lots, a discount store, several years ago. They were quite sturdy, and she grew petunias in them. :rainbow-sun

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ranchhand said:
My mom found some at Big Lots, a discount store, several years ago. They were quite sturdy, and she grew petunias in them. :rainbow-sun
oooooh, that is a good idea!!! :p

Reaction score
I use grow bags I get them at a local store they are so cheap like $10 for 10 of them and I grow potatoes in them :rainbow-sun

headred

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Great idea! I am growing potatoes in my compost pile right now. Seems to be working.

Reaction score
Oh definately the potatoes will grow in the compost and you'll have plenty of room for tubers to form.

Latest posts