Grrrr...stop eating my eggplant plants! Pics included

Augustmomx2

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I don't know what insect is doing it, but they are slowly eating my eggplant plants into big, fat NOTHINGS!

Mind you, I just planted the things last Saturday & they are slowly being munched away :somad I have sprayed them several times with insect stuff for gardens, but have yet to see the munching cease.

Thanks for allowing me to rant...only you guys understand ;)

edit: Oh crap-ola....I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum :rolleyes: sorry mods! Feel free to move.

Here are a few pics of my poor eggplants...

CIMG2080.jpg

CIMG2081.jpg

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you have tried insecticides and it has not worked, my guess is that it is not insects. My first thought, once insects are eliminated, is slugs. If you could post picures or describe the damage, it might help.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My eggplant leaves have mad holes in them too... something is going to town on them. I still have blooming flowers on it right now, but something is enjoying the velvety leaves way too much!

I am sprinkling DE around mine hoping it holds off whatever it is... I haven't seen what it could be either. Sorry :hu

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You're not alone, i too have pests eating my eggplants. I know it slugs enjoying the feast, i have beer in plates in my garden hopefully i could kill some of them. Thats basically the problem i have, slugs.

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
What does the damage look like? If tiny little holes, probably flea beetles. If huge missing chunks off the edges, maybe tomato horn-worm caterpillars. If damage all over, maybe Japanese beetles (ours are not hatched yet, but I don't know what zone you're in...)

Flea beetles you can ignore. The other 2 I would pick and smush :)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
With all the moisture Central Indiana is getting, slugs would be first choice. To see them go out before sun comes up. Once sun comes up, they go back in ground.