grubs anyone...?!?!?!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Spent the day cultivating the garden, do some weeding, while i was digging around found a lot of grubs everywhere there were so many, of course i wouldn't just leave them there bad for the garden. So i gave them to the quails and pheasants to eat..i think they enjoyed them .....:lol: I love watching them fight over them its funny at times.

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Years ago, in college, I worked for a veterinarian. On of my jobs was to dig grubs for the rehabilitating box turtles. I would grab a small bowl, a shovel, and go nuts out in the yard. The vet's dog would come with me and I would have to watch that bowl of grubs like a hawk because every time I turned around all the grubs would be gone and the dog would be licking her lips and smiling at me. I've tried feeding them to my dogs (just to see if they woud eat them), and they don't care for them.

ranchhand

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
GrowinVeggiesInSC said:
Years ago, in college, I worked for a veterinarian. On of my jobs was to dig grubs for the rehabilitating box turtles. I would grab a small bowl, a shovel, and go nuts out in the yard. The vet's dog would come with me and I would have to watch that bowl of grubs like a hawk because every time I turned around all the grubs would be gone and the dog would be licking her lips and smiling at me. I've tried feeding them to my dogs (just to see if they woud eat them), and they don't care for them.
All the more reason to get chickens! ;)

Latest posts