Gummosis & Peach Tree Borers on Nectarines

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
How would one go about treating this? I appears that 2 of my Nectarines have Gummosis, there is a split in the bark down at the base of the tree, they've been in the ground for a year and I just recently noticed the splits. The trees have set leaves and they have some flowers.

ETA: I can't tell if we have a Peach Tree Borer problem or if it is Bacterial. I haven't noticed any holes but the bark is split at the base on a couple trees and curled outwards with the gummy substance on the surface of the split. I cleaned the affected trees with a toothbrush and some water and just incase it was caused by Peach Tree Borers I sprayed them with this spray I found at Lowes that said on the back it was good for "Fruit Tree Beetles" I have no idea if it will work, but heres hoping. The bugs appear to be gone *now* but earlier I did notice something that looked a little like the adult Peach Tree Borers, but again cannot be certain. I'll get photos of the damage tomorrow, but on the ones that didn't have any gum and were dry I sealed them up with some pruning sealer. If I do indeed have Peach Tree Borers, what line of action can I take all considering the fact that I don't have any access to Sevin and most of our pesticides are controlled? I can get Malathion.

inchworm

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hey, Lupin,

How is your nectarine doing? My peach tree has been having a problem. I'm leaning towards it being peach-borer. I sent an email to my county agent to see what they thinl.

Inchworm

Latest posts