Handmade Christmas Ornaments

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had so much fun making one of these with my daughter the other day that I decided to make a couple more!

Attachments

• IMG_20231212_073401500_800x602.jpg
    IMG_20231212_073401500_800x602.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 33

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love these, Dahlia!

Up in the attic I have some Christmas tree ornaments that I made long ago, in with all the other ornaments we collected over the years. Since DH passed, it would make me too sad to put this collection on a tree with him not being here to see it, so I've been getting smaller trees each year, and just decorating them with a string of lights and a box of plastic ornaments which look like glass that I used to put on trees up in our woods.

However this year's tree was bigger than I realized until I got it home, and it seemed to need something more in the way of decorations, a homespun touch. Not having time or energy to sew new ornaments this year, I went onto Etsy and bought a few handmade ornaments, some new and some vintage. They added just what this tree needed.
XmasTree.JPG

HandmadeXmasOrnaments2.JPG

The bead-work and embroidery on this ornament took so much care, as did the macrame or crocheting on the tiny bell and heart, and felting work that created this bird. It makes me happy to look at this handiwork.
HandmadeXmasOrnament.JPG

HandmadeXmasOrnaments1.JPG

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love these, Dahlia!

Up in the attic I have some Christmas tree ornaments that I made long ago, in with all the other ornaments we collected over the years. Since DH passed, it would make me too sad to put this collection on a tree with him not being here to see it, so I've been getting smaller trees each year, and just decorating them with a string of lights and a box of plastic ornaments which look like glass that I used to put on trees up in our woods.

However this year's tree was bigger than I realized until I got it home, and it seemed to need something more in the way of decorations, a homespun touch. Not having time or energy to sew new ornaments this year, I went onto Etsy and bought a few handmade ornaments, some new and some vintage. They added just what this tree needed.
View attachment 62743
View attachment 62744

The bead-work and embroidery on this ornament took so much care, as did the macrame or crocheting on the tiny bell and heart, and felting work that created this bird. It makes me happy to look at this handiwork.
View attachment 62745
View attachment 62746
Those are all super cute! I especially love the little bird next to the red bell! 😍

Latest posts