Hanging baskets done!

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Finally got around to some gardening today!! It was an expensive trip to PlantLand, about part way through, I looked in our cart and warned DH it was going to be a few bucks! He just rolled his eyes like "well, yeah, obviously!"

Sorry the pics are sideways, they were upright on my pad before i uploaded them!

Here's the completed baskets right after planting. Everything in the box (sedums and pansies) are for planting in my old wheelbarrow once they've aclimated.
image.jpg

Here's a closer look: petunia "moonlight eclipse" orange thunbergia (thanks to the suggestions in NYboy's window boxes thread!) and a couple mustards, kale or bok choy thrown in for fun.
image.jpg

Here's a close up of the petunia, purpley-blue flowers with green edges, love them!
image.jpg

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
The purple and orange are going to look real good. I like how you weren't skimpy on them. They are going to look real lush when they fill in. One of my problems is that I don't put enough plants in baskets. They just get too expensive if you are using 4" pots.

Mary

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Update on my baskets, they're starting to fill in. The blooming mustards are probably my favorite part right now! They're pretty whimsical and erratic and definitely make the baskets a little more dramatic while everything else is filling in. The black eyed susan vine is blooming in one basket, but not the other 3 yet. Hopefully they do ok, they're definitely lagging behind everything else! My wheelbarrow of violets and sedums is looking good too.

image.jpg
image.jpg

The deck downstairs is part of our guest rental - i've got some fun antiques and a humming bird feeder out.
image.jpg

Latest posts