Hanging out behind all our yards, randomly rambling!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like this section!

It's like we all live on the same block, and our gardens are all near each others, and we all kind of hang out joshin with each other like a bunch of gardening neighbors. Even got some disagree with everything types, just like a real neighborhood.

Got some who hardly ever come out to socialize, just like for real. Got some who you only see their curtain move sometimes. Course, got some who babble and babble, got some cute chick gardeners, got some rich guy gardeners with estates, got some new kids on the block, and some old timers too! Got some tricky meanies, got some super special wonderful ones too!

Comin out back to do garden chores, sippin our coffee or tea, we got some folks with some gourmet goodies!!! Here's someone sharpening his shovel, there's someone chillaxin on his famous chaise lounge. Here's a couple figuring out how to cross pollinate tomatoes, and there's someone out there planting her Peas.

Look at those amazing colors of lights coming from that basement window at that spiffy place, but look at those amazing chickens and roosters over at that other place with the huge compost pile!

Yep.

THIS IS GARDENER'S RECESS!

Where's the tetherball?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
8721_thcasm49ho.jpg

Sittin' on the porch sipping a giant mug of coffee. Wrapped in a quilt and waiting for the sunrise; me and Cougan (the barn cat) are listening to the wild birds waking up and whatever that is making weird noises down by the creek.
"Morning Neighbor!"

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well since I guess I fit in the category of never being around. But I'm curious about where you live in Ca. Can you tell me the closest large city? I'm curious about the terrain and growing season.

Gina

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning Marshall. :frow Yep, I feel like I know some of you better than my REAL neighbors! (And like you all a whole lot more than some.) :tongue Wouldn't it be fun to have a reunion of sorts? Too bad we are so far flung from one another... Gotta love our PC's :hugs

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wellp Smiles, the sky got light earlier this morning, and, hang on, espresso's ready... and just waking up still, I have to double check that weather forecast. Sure doesn't look like 20% rain will happen by this evening.

Howdy Tanks :frow nearest big city is Ukiah about 40 road miles west. Willits might be a couple Raven flying miles closer but unless there are secret roads I can't find on google satellite map it's more road miles. Potter Valley is the nearest small town 20 road miles, mostly hard canyon dirt road.

Terrain here is this is the Coast Range, 2,000 feet, a couple hundred feet from Lake Pillsbury. 6,000 plus foot Hull Mountain's top is 6 miles north, Equally tall Snow Mountain 10 miles east, and Sanhedrin Peak hides behind Orchid Hill a good 10 miles northwest. This is Mendocino National Forest here. Around here the native soil is red to very red clay loam. Chirt and sandstones are common, and under the mixed Fir, Oak, Madrone, Pine trees is layers and layers of compost.

Coldest here past few years has been about 20 above. Peas did well planted April 25th or so, Beans May 5th or so. Light frosts happened in November and killing frost was December 1st or 2nd. Gonna try Peas in the ground earlier this year.

Smiles, my tye dyed t shirt is in the laundry, otherwise I'd put it on. But I'll sure use a drop of patchouli today!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Morning Cane!

Suppose we can tie the tetherball to that post?

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ahh Now I know where you are.

We Traveled that far north a few years back. Took the 5 north and crossed to the north of Clear Lake. We camped at an RV campground south of Crescent City where the Klamath meets the Pacific. Drove the Redwood Hwy, went to the Trees of Mystery etc... beautiful part of the state.

I should take my kids there again. But it's soooo far from my end of the state.

g

Latest posts