Happy 4th Everyone!!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy 4th of July!! :happy_flower :bee

I myself am making some desserts for the day.
I bet everyone is making something special for tomorrow.

:rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun :rainbow-sun

Enjoy! ;)

Have fun, be safe!

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
And a Happy 4th of July to you, too!

Today, I'm declaring my independence from apricots. The trees are still going, but after processing 200 lbs, I quit. Gotta rest up for the tomatoes! :th

Today is also DH & my 12th anniversary. Love that man for so many reasons, not the least of which is he is SOOO patient about all my projects.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy 4th and Happy Gardening! The weather is perfect here- hopefully, everyone is enjoying some sunshine! I can't believe you had that many apricots!! That is incredible- next year you should advertise "pick your own". And, Happy Anniversary! Thank you to all those dear men who go along with our "projects!"

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy 4th, Greenthumb and Everyone!

I was just thinking about you the other day, Greenthumb . . . while examining the last signs of frost on some of the dahlia plants. Honest, it wasn't that I planted them out too early, it was just that 10% of them came up too early ;)!

Sunshine? Yep, but still cool here - it didn't make it to 70F the last 2 days but didn't rain yesterday and is supposed to be warmer today. The air has been coming right out of the Canadian Rockies!

I know why you are saying those nice things about men, ladies! You are hoping that we will take over all food preparation today! Actually, my DW won't let me get close to cooking meat. There's a serious risk that I'll take it off the fire before it is turned into a dry, tough something that she considers acceptable fare! We certainly have different ideas about meat as food! She can't even stand to see something that is pink in the center . . . she'll make a vegetarian out of me yet!
:barnie

Actually, we are on a quest to find the perfect Oriental basil. If these seed companies don't start doing a better job describing their products honestly, I'm declaring my independence!

I had a hat made a few years ago that says: "Nub Seed - I Don't See Why Not." It was my subtle attempt to influence them while letting them know that I could take my business elsewhere. I'm sure that no one noticed - not even that "Nub Seed" is a fictitious company :rolleyes:.

This is what Independence Day is all about, right! Imagine the courage that it took for our founding fathers and mothers to take those treacherous first steps. In my own small way, I am declaring my Right to Life, Liberty, the Pursuit of Happiness, and the Exactly Perfect Garden, as it exists in my own imagination!!

:weight

Steve

Latest posts