Happy Earth Day!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Do you have any plans to celebrate? I am going to go plant some more stuff... I suggested another tree to my husband, but we've planted 13 trees, and 8 shrubs since we moved here and we should probably wait until they fill out some and decide where we need more then! :D

With that said, we're going to attempt to recycle EVERYTHING we use today, or not use it at all. So if it can't be recycled or composted, we're not to use it. ;)

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes, Happy Earth Day everyone!!

I'm going to plant a few things today, I'am trying to plant some more trees around here but will have to wait untill they arrive. Theirs always arbor day to plant some more too which i think is next week.

GPN

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:D We Celebrate today, but It is Momma Birthday! :D

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy Earth Day, Vfem & Everyone! Planning my fertilizer requirements for the growing season. How to be responsibly green, eh?

40 years ago on Earth Day, I spent part of the day arguing with the public relations guy for Bunker Hill Mining & Smelter. My idea was their emphasis on shareholder value, shortchanged the citizens of Idaho.

In 1972, Nixon's Re-Election Committee funneled Bunker Hill's $$$ to the Watergate burglars. 11 years later Bunker Hill was listed as a Superfund site - 2nd largest in the US! Contaminates from Bunker Hill have passed thru Lake Coeur d'Alene and into the Spokane River. They are now "capping" beaches along that river to make them a little safer for people to use.

I figured the PR guy's suit was worth about $300, in 1970.

I think I'd better keep my focus this Earth Day as local as possible - like in my yard and gardens . . . ;)

Steve
edited to correct my spelling of "Coeur d'Alene" - i know better than that . . .

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was in grade school for the first earth day. I remember we all went outside and picked up garbage in the fields around the school...To celebrate this one, I'll work in the garden and pick up garbage along a creek that borders the property. (A party spot for litter bugs). Happy Earth day, everybody!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I actually had a bunch of friends over for dinner and made a fish soup, from humanely raised fish and clams from just off our costs (only 1.5 hours from here) I also used homemade bread as bowls as not to have to clean too many dishes. Then I made a strawberry tart, made from strawberries I picked here fresh and some I made into jam last night.

Also used sugar free whipped cream, organic. ;)

I think we celebrated well...

We even saved a lunar moth from my cat! :lol:

Latest posts