Happy New Year

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just want to let everyone know we are doing well. It's been a very busy year here in WV. MontyJ started a new job in April, it's been a little bit of an adjustment but it's going good for him. No more out of town jobs he's working 5 days a week again all that fun stuff. He is working at our local Cabela's Distribution center. The day after Thanksgiving of course is Black Friday and it also starts his busy season "peak" He works 7 days a week 8 to 12 hours a day until Christmas Eve.
He seems to like it there right now, but since Bass pro shop bought out cabela's I guess time will tell what will happen next.
As for me, I'm in the process of looking for a new lawyer, my lawyer got sick and passed away. I'm not real sure what to do next....or what will happen with my case. I'm still out of work for the time being. I'm hoping to get back to work soon.
The kids are doing well. Our youngest daughter is starting her second semester of her JR year in high school Tuesday. It's hard to believe she will be a SR in high school in August.!!!! She had a very busy year with band this year. A lot of away games and they were pretty far away, so there were a lot of LATE night arrivals back at the high school for her and ME.
That about wraps up our news for 2016. Hopefully 2017 wont be quite as busy. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Yeah what am I thinking, she still has one more year of band!!!!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
good to hear from you .. glad you are having some great family time, family is very important. sorry to hear about your lawyer....

so what is monty doing at the Cabela's Distribution center? if you don't mind me asking... do i get a discount if i mention his name at the checkout line?

keep strong.. 2017 is a whole new year...

Last edited:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good to see you, Dew! :frow

Does your daughter drive yet? My parents gave up and gave me the keys to the mini-van my senior year, LOL. From what I've heard, band must be the busiest activity of them all.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
good to hear from you .. glad you are having some great family time, family is very important. sorry to hear about your lawyer....

so what is monty doing at the Cabela's Distribution center? if you don't mind me asking... do i get a discount if i mention his name at the checkout line?

keep strong.. 2017 is a whole new year...

My lawyer had a stroke last year, then a heart attack, so I figured it was just a matter of time before he either retired or passed away.
MontyJ is in the maintenance department at the DC. He seems to like it there. a couple of perks is we get a discount, and I finally have health insurance. :D
I'm looking forward to a new year, lord knows it's been a tough year for me. Monty changing jobs was an adjustment, but we are doing good.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good to see you, Dew! :frow

Does your daughter drive yet? My parents gave up and gave me the keys to the mini-van my senior year, LOL. From what I've heard, band must be the busiest activity of them all.
:frow @journey11 !!!!! good to see you too!!!!
Band is the busiest activity at the school, always competitions and games and performances ect. It's a crazy summer and first 9 weeks of the school year! OUr daughter has her permit but does not drive yet. I'm planning on teaching her this summer before her 12 hour days of band practice! That way if I dont feel like taking her she can take to car or ride with her boyfriend.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
My lawyer had a stroke last year, then a heart attack, so I figured it was just a matter of time before he either retired or passed away.
MontyJ is in the maintenance department at the DC. He seems to like it there. a couple of perks is we get a discount, and I finally have health insurance. :D
I'm looking forward to a new year, lord knows it's been a tough year for me. Monty changing jobs was an adjustment, but we are doing good.

you have a good man, tell monty "without the maintenance man" everything comes to a halt...
hugs to both of you.......

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dew, the best to you and Monty for the New Year. I hope the new job is good to you both and I am sure you are glad to have him home instead of being gone.

Latest posts