Have lost ALL of Babygirl's chicks.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My, soon to be deceased daschund, caught my back turned and has just killed all of the chicks. He is "in hiding", right now but will have to come out sooner or later. Got his hole dug....just waiting on him to "show", now.

He has been in and out of the house, sleeping during the nights and eating and hasn't, even, offered to do them harm after I scolded him the first time he saw them.

He's NOT going to get another chance.

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Awwww, that stinks :hugs I wish you were closer....I'd give you the ones I hatched last week.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it. :( They say even a good dog can't be trusted alone with chickens. Chickens are just too darn tasty.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
What a terrible thing to go through. :( Hope you intend to get some more chicks soon.

Mary
You know it, Mary. Already looking. Babygirl is gonna be heartbroken.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have mini doxies they have killed a couple chicks here also. Plus a couple bunnies when we were not looking. It can make you very angry I know i was. Sorry that you lost the chicks.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, boggy, I am so sorry!! I don't mean to bring up a sore spot- but will your granddaughter feel worse that the dog had to be put down?? I know she will be heartbroken about the chickens- but there are always more chickens....does she love the dog too?? So sorry!!

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Oh, boggy, I am so sorry!! I don't mean to bring up a sore spot- but will your granddaughter feel worse that the dog had to be put down?? I know she will be heartbroken about the chickens- but there are always more chickens....does she love the dog too?? So sorry!!
Well, lucky for him.....his sentence was commuted to exile. No longer with us, but still alive. Babygirl will be much sadder about the chicks and quite angry at the dog, so I think it will be alright.....might as well be. Once a chicken killer, always a chicken killer.