Having a 60°f low

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tomorrow morning.

The Weather Service calls it "well above normal" but we had one of those nights, last week.

July is when lows stay consistently above 50° and some real growing takes place in the annual gardens. I can even expect the eggplant and pepper plants to change from yellow to green :D.

July must herald temperature changes for all of us. Some gardens won't have it so good. Some will experience monsoon rain! For the US Southwest, that cooling rainfall is probably anxiously anticipated.

50°f = 10°c Somehow it looks better as a Fahrenheit milestone ;).

Steve

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It looks like it will stay above 60 here on Friday night, but it won't be the first time here, either.
The showery spring pattern appears to be continuing into early summer. I'm glad to have it. Last year was dry, dry, dry!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
  • After 15 days with temperatures above 90°f, the high temperature yesterday was 88°f.
  • After 45 days with no measurable rain, it's raining (lightly)!
  • After days and days of "unhealthy" air from the smoke, the air quality is improving!
First however and since this little rainstorm just arrived, everything smells like a fire pit!! The humidity is above 70% and my nose is working again! Koff

digitS'!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
After 57 days of temperatures ranging from 90 to 105*( a record ) ( one day of 89* 4 days ago ), and 2 weeks of very smoky skies from forest fires, we finally had our first drissle / very light rain drops this summer to clear out the air. AAAAAHHHHH !:ya :ya

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a few highs in the 60's here. Lows were in the 50's. Notbdoing the crops any good. My okra is doing nothing.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@seedcorn , we have lows in the 50's after many of those afternoons in the 90's ...

Some of the area weather stations are showing lows in the 40's, this morning.

The closest NWS airport didn't get to 80°f, yesterday! Lowest afternoon high since June 22. And, if it drops below 50° yet this morning, coolest low since about then. Good thing too! I was about ready to move to Stanley!

Steve

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right on the money for me . Problem is my winter can go both ways. last winter very little snow temps mostly around freezing. Other winters so much snow roof collapse temps in minus.

Latest posts