Heat causing tomatoes to stay green?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The 11th will be 4 weeks, @Mauldintiger . Are you still looking at the same green tomatoes?

This has to be one of the 2% of TEG tomato threads that I stayed out of ;). I'm usually too willing to jump in with little or nothing informative to say. Here, I just thought, "give it a week to 10 days, 'Tiger will have all the ripe tomatoes he can shake a stick at!"

Now, I'm anticipating lots of ripe tomatoes! Maybe tomorrow. The biggest part of them haven't been picked this week. Collecting seed early is a good idea, we are told. There are several varieties without a single ripe fruit so far. Some are covered with green ones. Some don't even show that promise ...

:) Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, you will always be welcome in South-est, central-est Wisconsin. We let only the best of people live here. You could even purchase the neighbor's 30 acre property.
I am CLOSE. Maybe I am among the best, too! ;) It is a good place to garden, grow weeds and raise a family. <3

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee, by inviting the major I did not intend to exclude you or any of the other super-wonderful friends on this site. If anyone would prefer to beat the major and buy the neighbor's 30 acres first, I will be totally excited to have you next door.

Fences might make good neighbors, but it is extra special when neighbors are good friends.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
No offense taken. I was just making note that the Mid-west is a great place to garden and raise a family. If we where looking to relocate that 30 acres would be perfect. I can assure you we would be GOOD Neighbors. ;)

Latest posts