Hello from Alabama

ThisOldCabin

Sprout
Reaction score
Hello,I've been posting at BYC for awhile now and then found Sufficent Self and finally have been reading here.I go by Lil'turkeymama at BYC and ThisoldCabin here and SS.
There are some really great folks here and the sister sites and I'm really enjoying them.
I figured I might as well sign up here,too.I love to grow stuff and always have.
I have been married to the greatest fellow ever for 26 years,we have 2 sons,19 and 22.We've lived in north Alabama all our lives and will never move.
I've got a little 12x16 un heated green house and a 60x100 garden spot.I really like growing stuff to eat but I also like to grow trees from seed and I enjoy walks though the woods to see whats growing.This time of the year is great as lots of stuff is just now coming up.
I look forward to learning more here and maybe I can even add something.:)

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wooooohoooo.......from Alabama (WAR EAGLE), myself.....but the opposite end of the state (Ashford). Welcome to TEG.

ThisOldCabin

Sprout
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
Wooooohoooo.......from Alabama (WAR EAGLE), myself.....but the opposite end of the state (Ashford). Welcome to TEG.
Oh yeah!!!!Go Bama....we're in the Roll Tide section.:rolleyes:Its all good 'cause its all Alabama.:

edit/Thanks for the welcome.Boogy, I'm sure where close and Collector,you're probably related as we are collectors,too.;)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to this site. I've never been to Alabama and I love to hear about folks in the south. Your garden is huge compared to our city gardens.

Mary

JimWWhite

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome, Cabin Lady. Where in Alabama are you from? I grew up in the Anniston/Gadsden area and also lived up on Sand Mountain near Albertville. I now live near Statesville, NC.

Latest posts