Hello from England!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh goody! We've got you posting pictures already Mike!
So, your allotment is located there where your shed is? That's a nice photo btw, very evocative. Who's your friend in the chair? I'm assuming you are the one with less hair....:)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hum-m-m, sloe berries, huh? Aside from sloe gin, what are the berries used for? I love trying my hand at growing the small berries most people never consider. When they think of fruit they stop at orchard.

I LOVE the internet! Who could have imagined I would have several friends in England -- and around the world -- when I was growing up. Gardeners make good friends where ever they call home.

MIchael Hibberd

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh goody! We've got you posting pictures already Mike!
So, your allotment is located there where your shed is? That's a nice photo btw, very evocative. Who's your friend in the chair? I'm assuming you are the one with less hair....:)
Thanks! I can't stop taking photographs I'm afraid @thistlebloom! And that little potting shed is just in the field outside my garden, I dragged it there for aesthetics ;) The smaller, hairier mammal is my friends little pup called Lenon.

Hum-m-m, sloe berries, huh? Aside from sloe gin, what are the berries used for? I love trying my hand at growing the small berries most people never consider. When they think of fruit they stop at orchard.

I LOVE the internet! Who could have imagined I would have several friends in England -- and around the world -- when I was growing up. Gardeners make good friends where ever they call home.

Oh yes @Smart Red, I know of no other use! I recall them being a tad bitter for general eating. It'll just be more gin unfortunately! ;) I know esactly what you mean! I resist picking all the elderflowers in May here to leave them to fuit in the autumn because Elderberry Wine is just incredible.

Never did I realise there are so many gardeners across the waters!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
All those gardening talents, self sufficiency attributes and handsome to boot! Probably a good thing (switching to her southern drawl) Or ah do d'clare ah think ah would swoon! :lol:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Never did I realise there are so many gardeners across the waters!

Oh, yes, we're here in large numbers. Of course on this side of the pond we had the advantage of gardening knowledge from English, French, Irish, German, etc. settlers as well as an array of Native gardening techniques.

You certainly are not alone in the garden!

Latest posts