Hello From Iowa!

Herbian

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello from Iowa!
I've always been an outdoors girl and never been afraid to get dirty! I've been called, "The GAA girl" - The God, Art, Animals girl! I've been in the garden/dirt ever since I've been able to walk. Probably before, but I can't remember that far. ;) I recently started to REALLY get into gardening; helping plan the set up/researching what plants my family could use etc. My dream one day is to build a walipini! Every year me and my family plant a 25'x50' garden, 4 decorative pots, and take of 2 flower beds, once which my mom, sister, and I replanted last fall. We planted daffodils, tulips, irises, and crocuses. I can't wait to see the crocuses pop up after this LONG snowy winter! However, my chickens got into it and dug through it thoroughly, unearthed, and mixed up all the bulbs! I replanted them but it will be interesting to see what comes up where. :) This year, (Actually, within the next week probably!) I will be planting my first herb garden with 6 culinary herbs and 3 aromatherapy herbs. I wanted to add some medicinal herbs but I couldn't find any. :(
ANWAY! That is the jist of me. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Herbian, sounds like you and your family have an amazing garden. So much space! What will you be growing? Good luck with your herbs.

Mary

Latest posts