Hello from Kentucky!

Jess172

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm going to plant my first "big" garden this year. I've grown tomatoes for several years and always had good luck so I'm going to try a little bit of everything this year and see what grows best. Me and my husband are going to try to make a small green house soon out of cattle panels. Also planning on doing composting, learning to can, planting lots of fruit trees, along with getting chickens, ducks, and guineas. I'd also like to eventually get into seed saving.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome @Jess172 !!!!!!! Make yourself at home here, we are a bunch of friendly folks. A lot of us keep chickens too. You came to the right place!!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm going to plant my first "big" garden this year. I've grown tomatoes for several years and always had good luck so I'm going to try a little bit of everything this year and see what grows best. Me and my husband are going to try to make a small green house soon out of cattle panels. Also planning on doing composting, learning to can, planting lots of fruit trees, along with getting chickens, ducks, and guineas. I'd also like to eventually get into seed saving.
:frow from Oklahoma and :welcome
Gardening is a continuing experiment always trying something new, even when you've been at it for decades. Have fun.

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome!:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee
:weee:weee
Do these look like excited insects, because That isn't right to welcome someone to a garden forum with ecstatic aphids.

:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya
oh I do not know, these look like happy plant lice too.

umm....:frow
Yeah, that does it.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Howdy over there to Kentucky from California.

There are folks here doing just the things you're getting ready to do so you're at the right place.

Hang on to your login stuff and don't lose it, come in often.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, and seed saving for starters begins as simple as sticking a couple handfuls of ripe and dry beans in a sock with a note on a piece of scratch paper stuck in it, and tucked into the back of your sock drawer.

Dry up some cleaned off squash seeds on a paper plate and do the same, easy things like that,

then comes cleaning up Lettuce seeds, picking which plants to save from...things like that, it all comes together.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from north Idaho Jess!:frow

No ecstatic aphids here! ;)

It sounds like you're committed to a long
and interesting gardening career.
Hope to hear more about your garden this season.:)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:pop watchin to see what people say on a thread
:caf still workin on gettin goin for the day
:hide thinkin ya might've said somethin controversial

:lol: bay put her "northerner's" peas in 2 weeks ago already, i'm gonna shoot for march 1st

:hide i best hide!

:old experience says why push planting too early

:barniewhat might happen if it gets too cold for them

:celebrate what could happen earlier than ever before

:gigwhat happens if i hear a good joke right after my second :caf

I like the smileys! :)

Latest posts