Hello from NC

BackerBunch

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi all,

I live my husband, mom (we moved her in with us back in '06) and our 3 dogs, JJ, Jake and Josie. Next to my DH and our dogs, my passion is gardening. I bought my grow stand approx 15 yrs ago before I meet my DH but after living with me for years, he has realized starting our plants from seed is the way to go :). Even though I've been into gardening for several years I feel I still don't know enough so I look forward to learning from you guys.

Brenda

BackerBunch

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you!

We live between Mooresville and Davidson in Iredell Co. We have about an acre of land but it's all on the side of a hill which makes gardening a challenge. When we built up our little vegetable garden spot, we had to make sure it was below the septic lines so just walking down to the garden and back up again can be a little hike.

Brenda

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Brenda! Glad to have you join us. We are always learning no matter how much gardening experience we may have. The fun part is in learning from each other and about each other's part of the world. Have you thought of terracing the hill to add raised beds? I've seen this done but I'm not sure if you would be able to do it. Just a thought.

Mary

BackerBunch

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi Mary,

I think we're going to be doing some kind of terracing. DH & I have different ideas. The lower half of our backyard is unfenced and has been neglected for years. We aren't allowed to have livestock in our subdivision but the property that backs up to to ours isn't in our subdivision so I want to ask them if I can lease a small section of it and get some goats and chickens. That way when we get the lower part of our property fenced in, the goats can clean it off for us. DH wants to get a boxscrape. If I remember correctly, I think he also told me he didn't want to fence the lower part in until he could clean it off with the boxscrape. Since we are going in the morning to price some fencing, it sounds like I might be getting my goats before he gets the boxscrape....maybe. At the moment, my plants are outgrowing my growstand. :clap I'll be happy if I come home with a coldframe. Lugging the trays in and out on nice days is getting old. ;)

Thanks, Lesa!

Brenda

Latest posts