Hello from South Central Pennsylvania

DoloresCPhifer

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello from South Central Pennsylvania. Thank you for the add. I always wanted a farm and now that I have retired due to physical reasons, I am finally looking for my forever farm. My goal is to be Clean and Green, to be self sufficient as much as possible, to rebuild the woodlands, remove the invasives as much as possible, and to raise a few critters, grow my own food, and to have a horse rescue especially for the drafts and other working horses and mules. There appears to be a growing need for working horses on farms and hopefully, I will be able to help the horses become useful again after their needed time for healing. If not, they can stay and just be a horse. I want to build paddock paradise tracts where they can meander around in and out of the woods, self medicate as needed, and heal in their own timing. They will be provided of course with proper Vet, dental, and farrier care as needed. I will be planting lots of pollinator gardens, bird gardens, hummingbird gardens, good beetle and bug gardens, wildlife habitat and feed gardens, herb gardens, and stormwater gardens along the way... but will be cautious about not having any plants toxic to the horses, goats, sheep, milking cows, poultry, and other fowl... like a few Guineas that love ticks and make excellent watchdogs... oops, I mean watchbirds.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow@DoloresCPhifer :welcome Glad you found your way here. It sure sound like you have lots of great ideas. Good luck achieving your dream. If no one else has mentioned it, I will. We all love photos. Feel free to post them as you go along.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to TEG, Dolores! I am happy to have you growing with us. It sounds as if you have plenty of dreams. Set goals and get to work until those dreams become reality.

Are those physical reasons such that they may hinder reaching your goals? What you wrote to introduce yourself will need a high level of ability -- or lots of children, relatives, and such to reach the end of the tunnel to the level of self-sufficiency you describe.

:frow :welcome :frow from south-est, central-est Wisconsin.:thumbsup

Latest posts