Hello!

KatherineB

Sprout
Reaction score
Hello! I am in southern New Hampshire, and part of a small farming community. My husband works on a dairy farm, and I work at the local feed store. The farm that my husband works at has a few vegetable gardens that usually summer interns take care of, but I have offered to be in charge of them this year and hopefully years to come! :] I am also a student, and I am painstakingly waiting for letters from colleges announcing my acceptance into nursing school! :fl
The gardens at the farm need quite a bit of help...the blueberries especially. That is why I am here, looking for pointers!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from northeast Texas! Gardening is so rewarding, TEG members make it fun! We are so glad to have you here, please feel free to post regularly. We will be delighted to help you any way we can.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Katherine! :frow

Your new undertaking of managing the vegetable beds sounds exciting.
You're going to be a busy girl, best wishes on getting accepted at school soon!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, Katherine!

I remember posting these maps when I said hello to another NH gardener :).

Very similar places but not quite mirror images :). However, I have benefited a good idea from checking your UNH for guidance and variety choices.

I'm looking forward to you sharing your experiences.

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello! I am in southern New Hampshire, and part of a small farming community. My husband works on a dairy farm, and I work at the local feed store. The farm that my husband works at has a few vegetable gardens that usually summer interns take care of, but I have offered to be in charge of them this year and hopefully years to come! :] I am also a student, and I am painstakingly waiting for letters from colleges announcing my acceptance into nursing school! :fl
The gardens at the farm need quite a bit of help...the blueberries especially. That is why I am here, looking for pointers!
My twin nieces are also trying to get into nursing school and are feeling quite defeated. Do not let your self feel crushed if you have trouble getting in. With the downturn of the economy many people are turning to a nursing education which will guarantee yourself a life time of jobs. I just read a story yesterday about the high rate of refusals for applicants for nursing. Good luck and keep at it.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, we will have no problems telling you what to do and how to do it. ;)

Good luck in nursing school-my daughter just graduated-wasn't easy. But as we told her, we don't want any dumb nurses taking care of us or administering drugs to us. So get ready to study-passing boards even harder than classes.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
My twin nieces are also trying to get into nursing school and are feeling quite defeated. Do not let your self feel crushed if you have trouble getting in. With the downturn of the economy many people are turning to a nursing education which will guarantee yourself a life time of jobs. I just read a story yesterday about the high rate of refusals for applicants for nursing. Good luck and keep at it.
At BSU, it started out as 100 apps to 1 accepted. grades were important to get in.
So most got out of pre-nursing before app time.

Latest posts