Hello

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Join in. We have many different soils, goals and view points. Enjoy diversity.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm Fernie. I am a happily married mother of 6. We have a small farm in Kentucky. We homeschool. I love to cook, bake, knit, make soap and garden. We are in Zone 6 and the soil is poor here. A ton of clay soil. We have fruit trees, berries, vegetable gardens, and flowers. My favorite flowers are roses and sunflowers. This year we have a variety of peppers, tomatoes, squash, corn, lettuce, broccoli, and cabbage started. We will be adding more seed flats over the next several weeks. We plan to harvest and preserve as much as we can to get through the winter. We try to be as self-sufficient as we can possibly be.
Hello and welcome to the forums Fernie! I hope we can hear more from you in the forums. have a great day!!

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm Fernie. I am a happily married mother of 6. We have a small farm in Kentucky. We homeschool. I love to cook, bake, knit, make soap and garden. We are in Zone 6 and the soil is poor here. A ton of clay soil. We have fruit trees, berries, vegetable gardens, and flowers. My favorite flowers are roses and sunflowers. This year we have a variety of peppers, tomatoes, squash, corn, lettuce, broccoli, and cabbage started. We will be adding more seed flats over the next several weeks. We plan to harvest and preserve as much as we can to get through the winter. We try to be as self-sufficient as we can possibly be.
That sounds great, I hope you can teach us on some strategies on farming. I hope to hear from you more. have a great day.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have some chickens too. but they are for consumption after 2 months. hope to hear from you soon. have a great day!

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:welcome, from Central IL!
You need to learn the joy of composting. The results of that and horse, cattle, sheep, goat and rabbit manure will fix up your garden.
Don't believe the rumors that MY soil is fantastic. Yes, it can be pretty good, since I live on 5 acres of what used to be a farm. My horses have turnout on 4 acres. When I first started a garden here I ran into tons of clay that had to be amended. I have lived here 20 years, but it doesn't take That long to fix your garden up.
Hope you enjoy it here! :hugs
Thats great, I hope my farm is that large so I can raise horses too. I really wish to raise horses. I may need to ask my uncle to house it