Help for Aggressive Rooster Problems

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
The worst trouble I have with them is that they go after my 4-yr-old. She isn't aggressive to them, minds her own business and they come after her anyway. Bad roosters make good dumplings! I'd just rather not have one. They pester the hens to death anyway.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
4 Jersey Giant roosters.

#1 - probably got nabbed by the bobcat
#2 - sold for $12
#3 - gave away on Craigslist
#4 - who was beating up the 4 Jersey Giant hens - He went to visit Counselor Demetrio at the local Freezer Camp.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I still believe in scooping him up and carrying him around like a baby and not let him to do anything while I do my work.

I had one bad one who never knew when to lay off my kid... he is now far away in the land of Virginia. I traded him for a Muscovy duck! (And she's the sweetest ever!)

Reaction score
Plamondon is awesome. I think the part where he asks if someone really NEEDS a rooster is the most important part. :rainbow-sun

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm sure what the author recommends would work with some roosters, but definitely not all. We have had many of the beautiful boys and they are all sooooo different. One thing they have in common, though, is that they are full of hormones, so they can be awfully unpredictable.

Naughty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i had a banty rooster that was a mean lil bastard - did all the tips to tame him... finally gave up because he didnt realize that the 4 yr old is above him in the pecking order.

now we have abig ol buff mutt who isthe sweetest thing - andhas never even tried to be remotely aggressive to people - i am never wasting my time trying to tame one again - thats what pot pie is for! i won't tolerate an animal that doesnt realize that he is below people in the pecking order...

Gnome_Czech

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem said:
I still believe in scooping him up and carrying him around like a baby and not let him to do anything while I do my work.

I had one bad one who never knew when to lay off my kid... he is now far away in the land of Virginia. I traded him for a Muscovy duck! (And she's the sweetest ever!)
This works for us too. Either that or the camp Freezer thing.

hillsvale

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
the one roo I had that showed a slight bit of aggression would get a flick of my foot on his side or rear end.... the was only at the stage of "hopping" for lack of better words but if he hadn't responded it wold be freezer camp.... now if I could just stop the gander!! The picking up and displaying him hasn't helped his attitude at all!

Latest posts