Help organic bug control!?!?!

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wonderfully Said! I have been researching, I don't want to harm anything, except do what it takes to protect my families food. I have baby wrens that are in my garden because the cat tore down it's nest, they are in the potatoes now!!! I used a little soapy water on the white flies and beans last nite so I hope just to send them packing!

joz

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Baymule, Re: Tobacco Tea as an Insecticide

Do you find that using tobacco on tomatoes spreads Tobacco Mosaic Virus?

I used it once to great effect on a Hibiscus that was covered in Aphids, but have been concerned about TMV with my heirloom tomatoes.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
joz said:
Baymule, Re: Tobacco Tea as an Insecticide

Do you find that using tobacco on tomatoes spreads Tobacco Mosaic Virus?

I used it once to great effect on a Hibiscus that was covered in Aphids, but have been concerned about TMV with my heirloom tomatoes.
I used it twice last year. That might not be enough of a "control experiment" to know whether or not it could transfer the TMV to tomatoes or not. But on the other hand, I boiled the crap out of that tobacco so any virus that survived that could probably eat the bricks off the house as well. :p

dzinger14upc

Sprout
Reaction score
Working with BugandTermiteControl.com (universal pest control) I've had a client which actually used diluted baby shampoo and sprayed it over his greens... does anyone have any experience with this?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not baby shampoo but dishwater or the soap usually does wonders on an insects digestive system.

Bay, better watch out using tobacco juice, that's the same as poncho & gaucho except your mix is much stronger dose. It will be absorbed by the plant. While true, just giving u hard time. Your brew isn't considered organic right?

Latest posts