Help us pick a name for our farm!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband and I are hoping to open an egg farm in the new two years. We are working hard on putting together our business plan and raising the money, but we're stopped by one tiny little issue...

We don't have a name. :idunno

Most of the names we've picked out are already farms, and we would ideally like it to be something unique, and hopefully catchy too.

Any thoughts?

Fred

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Yes, I have a thought.
If your last name is Kuska, then why not the Kuska Egg Farm?
That would really be unique. Unique because most others seem to be trying to catch gimmicky, odd, or silly names for their farm or business............. So I'm thinking, be different.
Kuska sounds like an old Czech or Bohemian name...Old-fashion and business-like..And that makes it a pretty good name for a farm.

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kuska egg farm sounds good, unless there is a large settlement of Kuska's where you live.
You might also be able to pick something unique about your location, something to do with the name of your town, road, or geographic feature.

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What type of chickens? free range? non caged? heritage, organic,production? Maybe if you put something that people want from their purchase in the name it would help. How can I phrase that.... Some people want inexpensive, some people want ethical, some people want to think they are helping to preserve a way of life. "Kuska's Heritage Organic Eggs"
Think about the market that you want to attract.

Our business is my husband's name. When we started it, he said that when your business has your name on it you can not escape it. What he meant was that people trust your name. Your name follows you. A failed 'Brown Egg Company' leaves people with a check that can not be cashed, and they tend not to trust it. If it has your name on it, then they are at least confident that you are going to do your best to make sure you do not sully your name.

But make sure both of you are named in it. I do most of the work now and it is all his name... Everyone wants to talk to him, not me. Because it is his business, yet he is not even here,he works at another job. I think it is either bitterness or annoyance that I feel. I do the 100 yard dash, and three dog high hurtles to answer the phone and then the customer only wants to talk to the owner.."But that's me, really." Either put both of your first names on it, or leave his first name off. Our farm is a family farm, but only he counts in the eyes of the customers.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Remington Steele. Behind the scenes, Laura Holt, private detective.

Everything is named for the Sound or Ranier in your corner of the world, AMKuska. Does that appeal to you?

Need @Lavender2 to suggest something to Pu'ya'llup ;).

Scramble Berry Farm

Steve :)

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Without knowing your likes, desires, sense of humor or the land itself it’s hard to come up with something. Do you have a theme? Do you want your name on it? Kuska Corners? Something memorable? Hen Apple Hollow? Will you always be doing eggs only? Or maybe spell Hollow “Holler” depending on how Hillbilly or formal you want to be.

greengenes

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Does your last name have a meaning in a different language?

I have been thinking about this. It is a difficult time to start a business, and there will be plenty of people to discourage you.
Hang on to your dream. Self employment has it's disadvantages, but it also has it's advantages. We got to spend a lot of time together as a family. No regrets. We have what money can not buy, a strong happy marriage, a great kid, and a healthy lifestyle.
(And I honestly feel that the economy is improving. Ignore naysayers.)

Latest posts