HELP with freezer tips

ninjapoodles

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I think I have a pretty good idea on how to blanch and freeze the stuff I stocked up on today at the farmer's market, but I just wanted to check here in case anyone had any specific tips for any of these things:

2683922993_9b000f22a5.jpg

Corn (on AND off the cob)
Green beans
squash (straightneck)
squash (pattypan)
zucchini
eggplant (Fairy-Tale)
purple-hull peas

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
What a great haul! :ep The only thing that I regularly freeze on your list is corn. I put up 40 dozen just Friday. This is how I do it:

Bring corn to a boil and boil for 20 minutes. Cut off and place in freezer bags or bag whole ears. Let cool and pack in freezer. Simple and easy and tastes like summer all year long. ;)

ninjapoodles

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
thanks! I'm about to start on the corn now. My husband and daughter both want most of it frozen on the cob, and we have the freezer space, so I don't have a problem with that. When you thaw it, is it mushy or anything? Or does it hold up on the cob?

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
No, it is never mushy. It's just like fresh boiled corn. When I cook the ears after they've been frozen, (I don't thaw it, I just put the frozen ears in the pot) I just boil them for about 15 min. For the cut off corn, I just place the frozen corn in the microwave for about 10 minutes, add butter and stir. YUMMY! :p

Latest posts