Helping Boxer Rescue UP Date Good News

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle , think of the possible HUGE Vet bills the new owner may have to pay ... NO thanks !

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think there is a chance of huge vet bills with any pet. I know clients who have gone to AKC breeders of the year, and dog developed medical problems. My breed the King Charles has more health problems then any other breed. I tell people looking at puppies dogs are luxuries, if your worried about cost don't get one.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dogs are like kids. Not necessary, money pits but we do it anyway. Enjoy them while you have them. Kids grow up and dogs-well, we know that story end.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
That is wonderful that she has found a home. You never know what joy she will bring them. I don't even need to study up to KNOW that the bad genetics you referenced are a direct result of inbreeding. As I said in my first post I can't think of a bad enough punishment to give these people that think it's moral to breed dogs for profit. They ALWAYS say that they "want to save the breed." Give me a break! My dog, Pyg is Lab/GS x Pitbull. She has been very healthy but, approaching 9yo she has benign tumor in her paw. My Vet I think is attributing this to the way she/they used to spay and she (Vet) now does a complete hysterectomy when spaying because studies show that without it female dogs can develop cancer.
My other dog, "Rose" (2007-2016, RIP) developed bone cancer AND a GS disease where the muscles to chew atrophy and the jaw closes shut. We euthanized her this past June. I can understand the cancer in a 9yo dog, but the jaws closing shut? Who in their RIGHT MIND breeds GS's when they KNOW that their dogs could suffer from it. I am FURIOUS about this. The animal ALWAYS suffers from the stupidity of these breeders.
WhatEVER poor genetics still get passed on with mixes, however you can dodge a bullet. I have seen 100yo photos of boxers and Pyg looks just like the old type of boxer.
I pray that Zoe will live a long life and be well loved.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom Horses are a money pit. BUT some of us are smart enough to avoid them...... Don't mind kids or my dog, sharing my bed, house, car, etc, but I draw the line on horses!!!!!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
even having kids is now considered a luxury Bob. the difference between them & a pet is the kids you can claim on your taxes. though we know a few people that can get away with pretending a pet is really a kid & claims them on the taxes too. :p

to me my dog is part of the family, i don't have kids so, yes, he has taken the place of a kid for me. when i think of the costs of raising, feeding, clothing, & having to insure that child in a medical/dental plan the costs to raise the dog is cheaper! if i had to leave the house all day i don't have to get a baby sitter to look after my dog. i don't have DCYF called on me because he is home alone. i don't get in trouble for 'child' labor since my dog is my guardian/chicken protector/athletic trainer & just good all around buddy. he learns quicker than kids would, & quicker than my DH did, just wish the dog could learn to load the dishwasher.

i will take my dog any day for all his faults & issues. at 6 he was diagnosed with arthritis of the hips. we think he had signs going back to the 1st year we got him that this would be a future issue. i still love him

Latest posts