"Henryi" Clematis...easy and beautiful!

headred

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Here is a new favorite of mine, a HENRYI Clematis. It just started blooming yesterday, so exciting! This one is white, but I think I've seen them in other colors. I think its a no brainer clematis....grows in sun or part shade, doesn't require extra watering, seems to take whatever you give it. Survived a cold winter and came back seemingly early. The flowers start small, but by mid summer can get up to 8" diameter, really striking!

6255_henryi.jpg

6255_trellis_with_henryi.jpg

Also notice the trellis. I made it out of fallen branches in my yard. Made about 4 more because they are so cool, and FREE! See how to make one on my website under the gardening tab and MAKIN MORE TRELLISES.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi headred,

Beautiful photo of one of my favourites -- so much so that I have 2 of them, in different parts of the garden. Mine are not in bloom yet but it won't be long!

I collect clematis & have a lot growing through my old-fashioned climbing roses & up the trees in the woodland garden I made (for me & my chickens).

At the moment the ones that are flowering are Clematis montana alba, Clematis montana rubens, Clematis " Broughton Star", Clematis "Freckles", and what I think is Clematis "Polish Spirit"-- I am not sure of it as I have lost the label......!! The last one only started blooming yesterday & is the first of the large open-faced ones to come out. Lots more to come! :happy_flower

Your trellis is wonderful; I was admiring them in the "Craft in the Garden" post. They are just right for displaying slightly rampant climbers, CONGRATULATIONS! :bow

Happy Gardening. :tools

:rose Hattie :rose

bluebird

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I don't want to hijack the thread, but.....

I love Clematis too! I have some Autumn Clematis seeds (white and very fragrant). Anyone want some? PM me.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi bluebird :happy_flower

Does it flower in the Autumn or is that it's name? I live in the UK so a lot of names of varieties are different -- it makes life very confusing! :idunno

:rose Hattie :rose

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Headred,
wow, really beautiful! I love the trellises, they make it look so natural! I had my hands on some of our fallen limbs the other day to build something extra for the beans to climb on because they are getting so big, but DH informed me that no, this was his smoking wood, hands off. :hu So much for trellises of my own.
Your clematis is really pretty, maybe next year I'll have some of my own. I keep wanting to add more climbers, but have to make places for them to climb, first!
Thanks for sharing your photos!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Gorgeous! I bet I'd kill it! LOL :lol:

Something about trying Clematis scares me. Someday... for now they are on the back burner with Roses. ;)

Latest posts