Herb party favors

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We had a whole buncha people over for the fourth of July and I had put a bunch of mints, lemon balm, scented geraniums and basil in vases a week or so before. Several people went home very happily with herbal party favors! Just a suggestion for those who have too much.

Rio_Lindo_AZ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today I made several herb bouquets featuring mint, lemon balm, lavender, and some roses.

I swear, they were the best looking and smelling bouquets I've ever layed eyes on! lol :rainbow-sun

I somtimes tie some dry lemon balm and mint roots together with a bright red ribbon and give them away.

Thats Whats good about the garden, it just gives and gives.... :watering

Rio_Lindo_AZ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the dried mint roots I was talking about. They smell so fresh!
mintroots002.jpg

Rio_Lindo_AZ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You can use them for tea. Just slip a root out of the bow and use it in your tea. They are also really pretty decoratation [at least I think so] :)

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand something so I'll ask. Were these herb party favors cuttings that they could take home and pot or just a nosegay?

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh, definitely to take home and pot. My presentation wasn't anywhere near as good as chicken_boy's. Just stuck in a wet paper towel and then into a zip lock bag. We had taken some of my interested, but gardening challenged, in-laws on the garden tour and pointed out, in particular, the scented plants. Hopefully, they will have some luck with the super easy plants that they got at my house!

Latest posts